Answered By: Justin Anders Last Updated: Nov 06, 2017 Views: 43
If you are enrolled in a distance program, there are no additional charges for you to use Library Connection Services. The library will pay for delivering materials, and provide postage paid mailing labels for the return.
Fees for Unreturned Loaned Material (Books)
Replacement and processing fees are charged for unreturned loaned material. These fees are high—often over $100—to cover reordering and reprocessing costs. Students are responsible from the time they receive the item until it arrives back at the Library Connection office. Canada Post will not be held responsible.
Unless otherwise specified, students may keep photocopied material. Photocopies must comply with copyright law.
Material available on microfiche will be copied and sent to the student.
- Undergraduate students have a loan period of three weeks to cover the time to deliver materials, read them and return them. If you have problems receiving material, let us know and we can adjust your loan period.
- Graduate students and instructors have a term loan with material due on January 15, May 15 or September 15, depending on the term.
- Loaned materials are only delivered to distance students in Canada.
- You can renew materials online.
- Checked out material can be renewed indefinitely, as long as no one places a hold on the material.
- Holds will be placed on checked-out material requested by students.
- Unless otherwise specified, material acquired via interlibrary loan will be signed out to the student for a 10-day period.
- Students must ensure loaned items are returned by the due date, or a replacement and processing fee will be charged.
- Please refer to the University's policy on Circulation Fines for additional information.
A librarian will conduct subject searches when access to a database is unavailable via the Internet. Students may also request that a librarian verify their search results.
Service is limited to those enrolled in the following distance programs.
- Campus Alberta Applied Psychology (CAAP)
- Graduate Division of Educational Research (GDER)
- Social Work Access Division
- Post Diploma Bachelor of Nursing
- Community Rehabilitation and Disability Studies (CRDS)
- University of Calgary at Red Deer College
Contact us if you believe you deserve an exception.