Q. Are the University Libraries accessible?
Answered By: Doug McDonnell Last Updated: Jan 30, 2018 Views: 170
For physical assistance with research work, volunteers/aides are available through Student Accessibility Services at 403-220-8237.
Adaptive Technology Workroom
Students registered with Student Accessibility Services can book the Adaptive Technology Workroom (260D) in the Information Commons. Bookings can be made:
- In person at the The Taylor Family Digital Library Circulation Service Desk
- By phone at 403-220-8895 or email at email@example.com
The adaptive workroom has 3 PCs with the following specifications:
- Two stations with the public download (one with an Epson 1660 photo scanner)
- One Dell Dimension 4100 with a DR3080 Scanner for scanning only — no network connection
- Kurzweil 3000 (3 copies) Version10 (one copy is the Pro version with OCR software)
- TextHelp Read & Write (2 copies) Version 8
- ZoomText (1 copy) Version 9
- Inspiration (2 copies) Version 8
- Dragon Naturally Speaking Preferred (1 copy) Version 9
- Taylor Family Digital Library
Easy access exists on main floor of the Building. Elevators located on the main floor of the Library Tower connect with all other areas.
- Business Library
Access to the Business Library (3rd Floor Scurfield Hall) is via elevator on the main floor of Scurfield Hall.
- Doucette Library of Teaching Resources
Access to the Doucette Library (3rd Floor Education block) is via the elevators in the Education Tower. A walkway connects the Education Tower to the Education Block.
- Gallagher Library
Easy access exists on the main floor of the Earth Sciences building. Please phone ahead: 403-220-3447.
- Health Sciences Library
Access to the Health Sciences Library (2nd Floor Health Sciences Centre) is via elevator on the main floor of the Health Sciences Centre. An outdoor ramp leads to the main entrance.
- Law Library
Access to the Law Library (2nd Floor Murray Fraser Hall) is via elevator on the main floor of Murray Fraser Hall. The building has a main entrance and a direct corridor connecting to the MacKimmie Library Tower.