Q. Can I get books that are signed out or not yet catalogued?
Answered By: Doug McDonnell Last Updated: Nov 22, 2017 Views: 16
Holds can be placed on any definite or two-week book. If the book is checked out, the due date will be shortened to two weeks from the date the hold is placed.
Placing Holds Online
Go to the Library Catalogue.
- Click the blue 'Place Hold' button that appears left hand side of the item information box in the item record.
There is also a 'Place Hold' hyperlink on the left side of the results list.
- Enter your UCID and PIN (get help signing in).
- Choose your Pick-Up Location.
- Click on the Place Hold button.
- You should receive your hold at your pick-up location in two business days: If the item you want has not been checked out and is located in a main campus library (including the Taylor Family Digital Library) or the Health Sciences Library and you want to pick it up at a main campus library or the Health Sciences Library, You must place your hold before 1 p.m.
- Holds placed for items at the Military Museums Library will be delivered to the main campus and then sent out to other libraries two days per week (Wednesdays and Fridays).
- Holds from the main campus are delivered to the Military Museums Library two days per week (Tuesdays and Thursdays).
If the item you want has a location of IN-PROCESS or has the message Not yet catalogued, then bring the title and author of the book to a Reference Desk to have the item rush catalogued. You will receive an email within two business days asking you to check out the item at the appropriate University of Calgary library.
Staff will contact you with details if there is a problem with a specific item.
You are able to place a search on an item if the item you are looking for is not in the book stacks, not in the nearest reshelving area or elsewhere on the floor, and is not signed out. Contact the nearest library location for more assistance.