Q. Do UCalgary Alumni have library privileges?
Answered By: Mary Grant Last Updated: Jul 06, 2018 Views: 262
Yes, all UCalgary Alumni have borrowing privileges at the University of Calgary libraries. You can pick up an Alumni Unicard from the UCalgary Unicard Office, or pick up a Complimentary Community Reader card at a UCalgary library branch. Activate your card at the library.
- Card activation is valid for one year from date of issue and can be renewed.
- Card allows you to borrow up to 50 items at one time.
- Loan period is based on school term dates at end of May, September, and January. However if an item on loan is needed by another client, it will be recalled and you will be asked to return it within 10 days of recall.
- Fines for overdue recalled items are assessed at $5.00/item/day.
- Alumni are responsible for renewing or returning items by due date. A courtesy email reminder will be sent prior to your next due date.
Alumni also have access to a limited number of UCalgary databases. Find out more: Alumni Database Access.
Alumni and community members interested in gaining access to a wider range of academic literature are encouraged to check out tools that provide free and legal access to open access content.