Q. How do Community members get a library card?
Answered By: Mary Grant Last Updated: Jun 21, 2018 Views: 227
1. Calgary residents can pick up a free library card on campus.
Residents of the city of Calgary can pick up a free library card at most campus library locations. Bring your proof of residency and photo ID to any of the following UCalgary library locations to pick up your free Community Reader library card:
2. Residents of Alberta who are a member of an Alberta Library, can borrow items with their TAL card. Before you come to the U of C, obtain a free TAL Card from your home library.
Once you have your library card....
- Check out up to 50 books at one time, some restrictions apply.
- Borrow books for an entire term, unless recalled.
- Renew your checked-out item unless someone else has requested it.
- Access online resources on campus using our library computers. These library cards do not provide access to online resources outside the library. If you are interested in accessing openly accessible versions of academic papers, check out this guide.
- Use library computers, by requesting a guest log-in at the Tech Support desk on the 2nd floor of the Taylor Family Digital Library or at a branch library's service desk. Please bring photo ID.
Contact library staff by phone at 403-220-8895 or by email to learn about available library services.