Q. How can I request an item that is on loan to someone else?
Answered By: Mary Grant Last Updated: Aug 03, 2018 Views: 25
You can request to borrow (formerly called “place a hold”), on a book that is available to loan at any University of Calgary library. This includes books currently signed out by someone else. In order to do this, you must be signed in.
Here are the steps to request an item:
- On the library hoempage, sign in to your library account.
- Click on New Search and search for the item you wish to borrow.
- Click on the link to the location for your desired title. it will appear just below the item details, beginning with "Available at…"
- Click “Request.”
- For books, the Request link will be under “Get It,” then at the top of the “Request Options” section.
- For journal issues, the Request link will be under “Get It,” then you can request individual items under the “Options” column on the right-hand side of the page.
- Select your desired Pickup Location and any date after which you would no longer require the item.
- Click REQUEST.