Q. Do University of Calgary “Associates” have Library Privileges?
Answered By: Mary Grant Last Updated: Jan 10, 2020 Views: 36
Full library privileges, including access to online library resources, are attached to a patron's active status with the University of Calgary as student, staff or faculty, due to legal licensing agreements for resources.
There are two types of UCalgary Associates, however only one of these types is eligible for full library privileges:
Associates – Limited Access: Not eligible for employee library access.
General Associates: Eligible for full library privileges.
- Visit or contact the Unicard Office for your Unicard (UC ID card).
- Visit the library, with your Unicard and a government issued ID, to set up your library account and login password.
- Login to online resources and your library Account using:
- Barcode: Found on back of unicard. Use first nine digits only, beginning with zero.
- Password (case sensitive): Uc followed by the full UCID number on the front of your Unicard (eg. Uc01234
- If you require additional information about your relationship with the university, you may wish to contact the UCalgary Human Resources Help Desk (firstname.lastname@example.org), or the University of Calgary department with which you are associated.
- Most “Associates – Limited Access”, are eligible for community borrowing privileges. Community borrowing privileges include options to members of the public for borrowing library materials, as well as access to online library resources onsite on our library computers.