Answered By: Carla Lewis
Last Updated: Sep 01, 2020     Views: 73

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, UCalgary Libraries' spaces and materials are restricted to UCalgary Students, Faculty, and Staff. UCalgary Libraries' are not  issuing Community, TAL, or COPPUL cards.



Community/The Alberta Library:

Calgary residents can obtain a Community card by visiting UCalgary Libraries with a piece of government issued photo ID and proof of residency.

Alberta residents who reside outside of Calgary can obtain The Alberta Library (TAL) card from their home public library.



St. Mary's University, Ambrose University, and Bow Valley College Students, Faculty, and Staff (SAILs) can borrow from the UCalgary Libraries by bringing their institutional library card.



Undergraduate, Graduate, and Faculty associated with institutions who are part of the Council of Prairie and Pacific University Libraries (COPPUL) can obtain a COPPUL card from their institution's library.


Community, TAL, SAILs, and COPPUL users are all registered in the UCalgary Libraries with Community privileges.