Answered By: Christine Stark
Last Updated: Aug 17, 2015     Views: 69

Academic (or scholarly) articles are articles that have been peer-reviewed by experts in the field before they are published. Journals can be accessed by searching the following:

Search for the journal title in UlrichsWeb to determine whether or not it is peer-reviewed. An icon that looks like a striped referee’s jersey, indicates that the journal is peer-reviewed (or refereed).


Databases often include the option of limiting search results to scholarly or peer-reviewed.

For help with starting your research, input How do I get started with my research? in the search box above.