Answered By: Stephanie Kurmey
Last Updated: Aug 19, 2015     Views: 34

“Hansard” is a term used to refer to the publication containing the debates or discussion that occurs in a Legislature or Parliament. Print versions of the most common debates can be found at:

  • Debates of the House of Commons (KE56)
  • Senate Debates (KE46)
  • Alberta Hansard (KEA 16.6)

The Canadian Legislation or Foreign Legislation legal research guides provide links to websites for electronic access.

For personalized or in-depth assistance, please visit the Bennett Jones Law Library Reference Desk.