Answered By: Mary Grant
Last Updated: May 22, 2018     Views: 276

UCalgary students, staff, faculty, and alumni : 

If you are an active student, staff, or faculty member your UNICARD is automatically linked to your library account, including expiration dates. Your eID and password provide remote access to e-resources.Your  UNICARD can be obtained at the Unicard Office in the Dining Centre on main campus.  Click Unicard Office for more information on hours and location.

If you are Alumni or Cont Ed, you will need to activate your UNICARD first at the library.

Visitors and Members of the Public: 

  • Residents of Calgary with proof of residency and photo ID can get a free Community Reader card at the following UCalgary library locations:

Bennett Jones Law Library

Business library
Gallagher Library
Health Sciences Library
Taylor Family Digital Library

  • Residents of Alberta, who live outside of Calgary,  who are a member of an Alberta Library, can borrow items with their TAL card.  Before you come, obtain a TAL Card (free) from your home library.

Contact library staff by phone at 403-220-8895 or by email to learn about available library services.