Alan MacDonald Graduate Commons Policies
Answered By: Justin Anders Last Updated: Apr 10, 2018 Views: 132
- Students who do not meet the eligibility requirements are not able to apply.
- Any currently registered graduate student at the University of Calgary who is in good standing with their department and Libraries and Cultural Resources (LCR). Good standing means you have no outstanding fines or registration withholds and current fees have been paid in full.
- Access is granted from May 15 to the end of April the following year. Access is awarded on a lottery system.
- Access is granted solely to the person on the application form. Allowing colleagues or other students to access the room through your U of C Unicard is strictly forbidden and will result in the applicant losing their own access.
- Students are required to ensure all library material is checked out on their cards if they intend to take it into the Graduate Commons for research use. Unchecked Items found in a student’s possession may result in fines of 5.00 per item.
- Students who lose the key to their assigned locker will be charged a $25.00 replacement fee.
- Access to the Graduate Commons space is through your University of Calgary Unicard access. If you lose your Unicard card you are responsible for replacing it and notifying LCR of the new updated card number. You must have your own Unicard to access the room. Staff cannot grant a temporary card.
- All study spaces are shared. Tables are available on a first come basis. Students are not assigned a specific space and cannot claim one as their own over the assigned term.
- Cold snacks and beverages with lids are permitted. Please be considerate of others and consume non-aromatic snacks. Food policy will be strictly enforced in this space.
- LCR is not responsible for lost or stolen items. Please keep track of your personal belongings. Please do not leave items of a personal or valuable nature in your locker as this is still a public space.
- Programs are held in the Graduate Commons on a regularly scheduled, monthly basis. Please be aware of the schedule that is posted in the room. Should you require quiet study when these programs are being held you will need to find another space in the Library.
- Access to the room will expire at 5:00 p.m. on the last day of the assigned semester. All lockers must be cleaned out by this time and the key returned to designated location.